Bellway HomeBuy Direct scheme delivers girl power to Natasha

Recent financial support from a Government driven housing scheme has come at just the right time for twenty six year old house hunter Natasha Gibson and her 3 year old son, Max.

Having broken up with her partner, Natasha was keen to find a place of her own close to where she worked at Cobalt Business Park.

"I had seen Bellway's development at Hibernia Village in Walker, but thought that it was outside my budget, however once Bellway told me about the HomeBuy Direct scheme I realised that moving to Hibernia Village was possible.

"I really wanted a place of my own for Max and myself and working in the banking industry I am well aware that now really is a good time to buy a new home and how popular these shared equity arrangements are becoming."

Natasha has bought a three bedroom 'Cragside' home from Bellway and is paying 70% of the mortgage, the remaining 30% is loaned to her by Bellway and the Government and is interest free for 5 years. HomeBuy Direct buyers can redeem the 30% loan in instalments at the current market rate and staircase to full ownership. Alternatively, if the home is sold, the equity loan is repaid by way of the sale proceeds.

The scheme is open to all households earning less than £60,000 and who would not normally be able to buy a suitable home on the open market.

"I was previously paying £650 a month rent on an old property in Shiremoor. At Hibernia village I will be paying much less and have the benefit of a home of my own for the first time which will appreciate in value and secure our future.

Bellway were really helpful in guiding me through the HomeBuy Direct process, everything has worked out really well, now I just can't wait to move in and have friends around and make the place my own," said Natasha.

Hibernia Village is a stunning new development of contemporary designed 3 and 4 bedroom homes selling from £145,000. With HomeBuy Direct a home at Hibernia Village can be bought from £101,500.

For commuters, travel links are excellent. Hibernia village provides easy access to Newcastle city centre and the A19 motorway is a few minutes drive away giving easy access to all major links.

There are several leisure facilities within 15 minutes drive including the Royal Quays retail outlet centre, Sliver Link, Wet and Wild and The Marina and also the North Shields ferry Link.

For more information visit or call Sales Centre Tel: 0191 263 0210.

Return to Property menu